Get Property Limited t/a Get Property and Get Let has a registered office at 151 Smithfield Lofts, North King Street, Dublin 7.
Company Registration Number: 368690
PSR number: 002324
We understand that privacy is an important issue and we are committed to ensuring all personal data is protected. This policy also details our procedures on how we protect use of your personal information arising when using our services and buying, selling or renting a property through Get Property Limited.
Requirements to provide data
We will collect and use the following personal information (where applicable):
- Your name and contact details, including your email address, address and telephone number.
- For Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and identity verification, we require all landlords, purchasers and vendors to provide proof of ID and proof of address.
- If you are making an offer on a property for purchase we require proof of how you are funding your offer, if/when your offer is accepted.
- If you are a successful applicant for a rental property, we may require items such as PPS number, salary details, bank details, employment reference and a landlord reference.
- Any other personal data which you provide to us directly
While you are not under a contractual or statutory obligation to provide us with any personal data, sometimes personal information is required for us to comply with our obligations under applicable law and to provide services to you, as indicated above. If you do not provide us with the required data, we may not be in a position to provide our services to you.
Collection of data
We only collect information from you directly e.g. from your interactions with us by phone, email, latter and/or through our direct contact with you
Retention of data
The period for which we will keep your personal information will depend on the type of service you have requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory and/or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim or dispute.
Sharing of Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the purposes listed below:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as maintenance contractors, property management companies, professional advisers, auditors, insurers and service providers
- to competent regulatory or other authorities and bodies as requested or required by law
- to third parties, their agents and professional advisors, subject to confidentiality obligations, for the purpose of a due diligence exercise by third parties in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, re-organisation or transfer of our business and to any person proposing to participate in, promote, underwrite or manage any such arrangement
Under General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights in relation to your information as follows;
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain access to personal information that we hold of you.
- Right to be informed: You have the right to know how we will use your personal information.
- Right of rectification: If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please write to us or email us at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to erase: If you request that we delete your personal data, we will process your request unless there is a legal or regulatory reason not to do so. Unsuccessful applicants will automatically be deleted from our records unless you request to remain.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to data processing based on your particular situation. We will no longer process the data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making & Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing, which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you. We do not use automated decision making in relation to the information we collect.
- Right to information about the protection of your data: We must have appropriate measures to comply with your rights and must provide information to you in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language.
- Right to data portability: You can request and receive personal data that you have previously provided to us in a commonly used and machine-readable format. The right also means that you can request one controller to transfer your personal data to another controller.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you can do so by contacting us either in in writing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights can be subject to certain legal restrictions (for example, we are legally obliged to retain certain records on a property for a minimum of 6 years after the transaction so a request to erase cannot be actioned until that timeframe has passed).
How do we protect personal data?
We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access. We do this by having a range of measures in place. These measures in include the ability to deal with suspected data breaches.
If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your personal data please contact us as email@example.com.
If you wish to contact us please do so either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Privacy Advisor, Get Property Limited, 151 Smithfield Lofts, North King Street, Dublin 7.